Well, it is official...I will have a new job next year. It pays a lot less, I will work much longer hours, and my duties will not be glamorous at all, but I am SO excited about it! You may have guessed, but I will be a full-time stay at home mom.
This has not been an easy decision for me as I LOVE my current job and cannot imagine not doing it. However as we looked at the busy schedules of a senior high coach and administrator, we realized how little time we would have with our sweet boy. We prayed a lot and feel that it is best for me to be home with him during these early years!
I went to my school on Thursday and told the staff during a staff meeting. It was really hard for me, but everyone was super supportive! I have been extremely blessed to move up quickly and to have been in such a great district. My most recent position has been the perfect fit! My philosophy is right in line with my boss, the staff is truly a family, and I love the kiddos. What a blessing to get to LOVE your job even on the crazy days. I'll go back for 3 1/2 weeks to finish my contract so I'm glad to get to say goodbye to the kids and staff.
I'm really considering this as a promotion, I am now principal of Schulte Early Childhood! :)
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I know you'll be missed! I've loved working with you but glad we'll be able to stay in touch via church & our boys. And I totally understand the tough decision part!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you! You're going to love being home.
ReplyDeleteI don't even know what to say. I'm SO happy for you, but I feel like I just lost my #1 mentor for next year. I'll really miss you! Of course, you'll be doing incredibly honorable and rewarding work. Camden is an even luckier little boy than he already was!
ReplyDelete