Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Love of a Cousin











Toby & I are blessed to have a sweet eight year old niece, Mary Grace. She was our only niece or nephew for six years and certainly has a special bond with the two of us! Mary Grace loves coming to visit us and is such a joy in our lives. When we found out we were expecting, she was SO excited! I was curious to see if a little baby would actually be as much fun as she was hoping for and along the way she was hoping for a girl. I thought she might be a little disappointed or disinterested when Camden arrived. Boy, was I wrong! This girl loves her cousin. :)
She has already gotten to come visit him 3 times most recently this past week. She loved helping with getting him up, holding him, bathing him, dressing him, and just playing! My favorite line of the week was "I just want to hold him all night, but if he starts crying...I'm going to give him to you or Uncle Toby." Smart girl!
Here are some of the precious pictures from their time together and the card she made for him in the hospital. Mary Grace, you are the best big cousin ever...Camden loves you!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are right; Mary Grace certainly does love Camden. After we left your house on Wednesday, every time I said something about Camden, she said, "Oh, Nana, I miss him SO much!" We are so thankful for our loving family. God has richly blessed us.

    -Nana

    ReplyDelete