Friday, May 22, 2015

5 Years Old


Somehow I blinked and now have a FIVE year old!  I can’t believe it!  Here is a look at Camden at age 5!
• One day we think your growth may slow down, but not yet!  At your well visit, you were 49 inches (100%) and 53 pounds (97%).  Overall you got a great bill of health and the doctor even inspired you to eat more veggies! You consistently get confused for a 1st grader!
• Since you're so tall, you wear big clothes! Cam wears mostly size 7 clothes and size 1 shoes.
•Camden sleeps from 8:00pm to 7:15-7:45am every day!  You come out and go to the bathroom each morning and then go back in your room to play until 8:00 am.  You have a clock that lights up when you can come out!  Occasionally (maybe 1-2 times a week) you take a 45 minute nap during rest time.  You sleep with your Nebraska blanket, a water cup and a zoo of stuffed animals! You’ve switched from a sound machine to the radio when you go to sleep at night.
• In July of last year at lunch one day, you asked Jesus into your heart!  We are so proud of you for this decision and feel that even at such a young age you get it. It is challenging and encouraging to see you growing and seeking answers in your new found faith.
• Camden has Mama's eyes, hair and skin color with Daddy's features.  You seriously look just like Daddy when he was a boy just with blonder hair!  
 • It is hard to keep up with your social calendar!  You LOVE your friends and think I should have a playdate planned daily.  You make friends wherever you go and walk up to kids and introduce yourself.  You’re sad to leave your preschool friends, but I have no doubt you’ll make kinder friends in no time!
 • Camden is quite the chatterbox!  You talk nonstop!  You are SO inquisitive and constantly ask us questions. Now that Halle is super chatty too, I often feel like I have two different radio stations on at the same time!
•Cam started playing soccer this fall and LOVES it!  He counts down the days to his weekly practices and then again to his games.  We love seeing you work hard, have fun and focus.  Three of his best school buddies are on his team too which makes it extra fun.
• You love to keep your days busy!  You love preschool 2 days a week and have really built some great friendships at school. On non-school days we go on lots of adventures, but you hate when I say it’s an errand day. 
•Your overall behavior is pretty good, but we frequently have to address whininess.  Time outs usually deter you.
• Camden is a little sponge and loves learning!  I'm a very proud Mama, but I can't believe all the things you know.  This year you've greatly improved handwriting, can count by ones, fives, tens and hundreds, and have started basic reading!  You also learned how to ride your bike with no training wheels and now refer to yourself as a “speeder bike rider.”  You even told me I should enter you in a bike race!
• Some of your favorite things right now are: Star Wars, science experiments, sports, Rescue Bots, playing games, music, helping Daddy "fix" things, playing on the iPad, reading books, and pretending.
• You are a FABULOUS big brother!  Halle absolutely ADORES you!  You help with her a lot and love to give her lots of hugs.

We are SO proud of you and can't wait to see how God continues to grow you in the next year.  This year will be filled with lots of changes and we know you will be amazing!  We love you, Camden Lloyd!

No comments:

Post a Comment