Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Trying New Things at 22 Weeks

Camden turned 5 months old yesterday! Yikes, where did the time go?! The first three months seemed kinda slow, but these past two have flown by! I will be making a post soon about Cam at 5 months, but still need to take his fun month picture.

Week 22 has been filled with fun and trying new things. I absolutely love watching how Camden does as he experiences new things! Some things he loves, some he hates, and some he seems to have no opinion on. Here are some of our highlights from the week!

Sitting Up & Family Fun: Camden has started sitting on his own without using his hands to prop him up! We have to place him a sitting position and stay close by because he tips over if he gets to excited about something nearby, but he can hold the pose for quite a while. We are so proud of our big boy! The weather has been fairly nice (compared to the Texas summer heat) in the evenings, so we have enjoyed some family time outside. I love our attempt to take a family picture by ourselves, didn't quite work out!
First Husker Game to Watch: This week was the first week Nebraska was on a channel we got at home, so Camden got to watch his first game. Well, kind of....he slept the whole first half and then ate and played for a lot of the second. I have a feeling this is the first of many games for him and Daddy to enjoy together. They also had a great wrestle time with Copper!

Veggies: Camden tried veggies for the first time and they were a BIG success! It is safe to say that he certainly prefers them over oatmeal and rice cereal. Mama is having fun making his food and thinks it is funny how much carrots, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash all look and taste the same! Here are some pics from our first experience with carrots.

Sippy cup: I really had no clue what Camden would do with this, but I decided to give it a try. I figured he was probably still really young for it, but I figured it wouldn't hurt. I decided I would let him play/drink from it when we did solids. The first day he was very curious, but had no idea what to do with it. I then helped him drink from it and he really liked it! This was also his first taste of water. :) By day two, he was able to hold and drink it on his own if I placed his hands for him. He still needs lots of help with it and barely drinks anything from it, but seems to really enjoy the new experience!

2 comments:

  1. Such a big boy. So... Alli still doesn't understand how to tip up a cup on her own. I think she just might drink from a straw for forever! :) We are looking forward to seeing him in November! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe all the big boy things he is doing now! WOW!! :)

    ReplyDelete